If you require any more information or have any questions about our tournament rules, please feel free to contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tri-Ball Tournament Rules:
- Coed teams of 3
- Each team plays 9 games, on every section of each court system, playing every other team at least once.
- The goal is have the lowest total points accumulated over 9 games. Team’s scores are added up at the end of 9 games
- Games are timed to 15 minutes.
- 3 contacts allowed per team.
- Each team starts at zero.
- Teams gain points in any situation, they would normally lose the ball in regular volleyball rules (if the ball lands on their side, if they do not get a serve over, if they hit the ball out, or have an infraction of the rules).
- When the timer starts all courts at once serve.
- The serving team serves until a point is scored against them
- Serve then moves to the next team clockwise, who serves until a point is scored against them, and so on.
- Teams must rotate positions (and stay there) every time they take possession of the serve. The server plays the LEFT side.
- All serves and hits can go over any net.
- You may serve immediately once all players are standing and the previously played ball is cleared from the court.
- Rally scoring with no receipt of serve with open hands, let serves are good, no contact with any of the net allowed, block does not count as a touch. No “deep dish” sets allowed.
- On ONLY the serve, you can attack a serve at the third team, but not back at the serving team. If a ball has arched flight, it is not considered an attack back to serving team.
- The center pole is live play, but it can not bounce back on to your court on your third play.
- If you hit the ball over your net and under the connecting net, it is a point against that team.
- If you hit the ball into the second net and it runs the top or bottom of the net and drops out of bounds without being touched, it is a point against you.
- If end of game is signaled during a play, you must finish out that point.
- Teams not playing actively on the court must shag balls for those who are. If a player or team does not, they receive a 10 point penalty added to their score. A player sitting to keep score is exempt from this penalty.
These rules was last updated on: Thursday, January 1st, 2015 and are subject to copyright OuttaTownProductions.com
Should we update, amend or make any changes to this document, those changes will be prominently posted here.